Monday, July 9, 2012

Some work in the headstock area

After the neck came out of the clams with the fingerboard on, I turned my attention towards the headstock. First, I want to add something to the part where the original logo is. I chose padouk again since the color is already present throughout the design. 

I managed to cut out a piece matching the shape and glued it on. On the following day I put together a simple jig for shaping the edges of the fingerboard. Running the neck along I can precisely trim it down to get the fingerboard with almost perfectly matching the neck. Then I can finish up with sandpaper glued to an I-beam to make sure the line is straight.

Finally, I used the sanding drum to shape the part of the fingerboard behind the nut. Here's how it all came out:

No comments:

Post a Comment