Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Testing the layout


This is an old Mayones guitar body that I'm refinishing for fun - trying to put some dyed flamed maple veneer on it. As you can see from the picture, that project is currently at the stage of having the old paint stripped from the wood. As the shape is close to what I'd like to have for the final CMS Guitar, I'm going to use it for a test shot:


I was thinking initially of a HH (humbucker-humbucker) pickup configuration, but I'm leaning towards a HS set up, with a single coil neck pickup (or maybe a mini-humbucker) to maximize the central photo area.
This will probably mean I'll have to find a HSS body and fill the middle pickup hole. The bridge will be a fixed one - I'll need all the sustain I can get given what I plan to do with the fretboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment